Saturday, March 10, 2007

How to find out what my disability benefits will be.

I am frequently asked how much Social Security Disability benefits will I get if I am found disabled. The best and easiest way to find out is to look at the green paper you get from Social Security every year that outlines your work history. You will find on this paper how much you would get on disability, at retirement and earlier retirement. You will also find how much your children would get if you went on disability. You can also see your date last insured or DLI. This is the date you must show you were disabled before to be eligible for SSDI benefits. If you worked after the date of the letter the numbers may change. If you did not get this green letter you can request a copy from SSA. Supplemental Security Income claims are different. To see how these benefits are calculated go to my web site page called SSI.